Basically,a real estate agent is the bridge among the real estate firm and prospective customers who charge a fees for the services they rendered.They are well acquainted with all the local laws governing the business of real estate,complex paperwork required and the legal issues related to owning a piece of land, a flat or an office.A real estate ensures that the prospective buyer gets a decent and fair deal.Therefore,like all profession it also has some parameters to follow in order to establish oneself as real estate agent.So,I recommend you to have look at these attributes required out of a Smart Real estate agent.
Characteristics of a Real Estate Agent:
- First and foremost,you must be extremely hard working,have a lot of patience and a self disciplined person.Your communication power must be outstanding and you should have a ‘never-say-die-attitude’ to get your work done at all cost. In case you lack these qualities,don’t despair,because,these things can be achieved through proper training from a personality development or marketing communications institute.
- Have an extensive research done about various real estate training institutes in your city,follow their alumni,look for the governments approval of the course curriculum.Try building networks with various successful people in this profession and get yourself attached to the Professional Licensing Commission of your county or state.Moreover,introduce yourself to the local real estate groups.
- Ensure that you have a thorough knowledge of all the legal laws of the land you are targeting to be a real estate agent by going through a comprehensive course and taking lots of mock tests.Moreover,your age must be 18years or 21years as the requirement might be and you should be a qualified high school graduate.
- You will have a background investigation conducted by the Real Estate Licensing Commission of your state as these are the legal procedure to be followed before giving you the license to be a registered agent.Give your full co-operation to the investigating agency since they need to be in full confidence before they give you the permit,since your work involves millions of money transaction and confidential reports in the business.
- Search through the Internet or go through the yellow page directories for various real estate firms and brokerage agencies and probably you will land up a job on one of them.
- Stay focused and alert, and try to learn the ropes of the business inside out.Work at least for 3-5 years in a single company till you are confident enough to start your own consulting firm.
- Get your brokering license from the concerned authority as soon as possible and then only start on your own.Failing to comply by this, may land you in legal hassles.